The Best Law Schools and Colleges News
Everything about Law Schools, colleges, and universities in the news around the USA, Canada, UK, Australia. and also law firms in the news in big cities such as Boston, Arizona , New York, Florida,Georgia, California, San Diego, London, Toronto, Chicago and much more. How to get into a famous and best law school?Where and when to find the top law School jobs and start the career? what is a law school and how to apply and get a law degree and education? Last Updated on: June 20th, 2013
The Law School Bubble
Harvard Law School: one of the dreams of Vietnamese parents around the ...
Top Rated Law Schools of 2010 | Law Firm, Law School, Internet Scams
Reasons Not to Attend Law School
2007 The Federalist Society at The University of Michigan Law School ...
Law Schools in Blogs
- newStanford <b>Law School</b> Center for Internet and Society Launches
STANFORD, Calif., June 19, 2013—The Center for Internet and Society (CIS) at Stanford Law School launched a new online privacy initiative today called the “Cookie Clearinghouse,” which will empower Internet users to ...
- 13 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 5:02pm -
- new10 Things That Will Happen If You Go To <b>Law School</b> - BroBible.com
1. You will get absolutely pummeled by an overzealous professor. Oh, you read? Doesn't matter. Pennoyer v. Neff is the law school equivalent of getting.
- 1 day ago, 19 Jun 13, 2:37am -
- With This <b>Law School</b> Class Ring, I Thee Wed…ALDF's Animal Law <b>...</b>
For more than three decades, the Animal Legal Defense Fund has been fighting to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system.
- 2 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 10:41pm -
- 5 Things You Should Know About <b>Law School</b> (That You Might Not <b>...</b>
Yes, really, another post about the perils of attending law school. Of course, there are profits, as well. There's no denying that law school has its rewards and that, despite what many legal blogs like to wax sarcastically poetic ...
- 2 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 9:56pm -
- 2011 Knox Graduate Offers <b>Law School</b> Advice | Knox College
Britt Anderson encourages current Knox students to take classes in constitutional law, LSAT preparation, and to be ready to focus only on the study of law.
- 6 days ago, 14 Jun 13, 5:00pm -
- Plans for Arlington <b>Law School</b> Fall Through | ARLnow.com
Plans to open a new law school in Arlington have fallen through, ARLnow.com has learned exclusively. In April, the Arlington County Board quietly approved a.
- 6 days ago, 14 Jun 13, 2:35pm -
- Harvard <b>Law School</b> confers inaugural Public Service Venture Fund <b>...</b>
Sixteen public service visionaries and social entrepreneurs from Harvard Law School have been selected as the inaugural recipients of grants from the Public Service Venture Fund, a unique program which will award up to ...
- 9 days ago, 10 Jun 13, 9:09pm -
- Harvard <b>Law School</b> celebrates 2013 Commencement
The Law School's Class Day program was held on Wednesday, May 29, on Holmes Field, in front of Langdell Library. This year's Class Day speaker, author and legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin '86 reflected on his time at the law ...
- 20 days ago, 31 May 13, 4:00am -
- <b>Law School</b> Admission Council
LSAC.org is the official website of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). We are committed to easing the law school admission process for law schools, prelaw advisors, and prospective law students. LSAC's comprehensive services ...
- 15 Aug 10, 2:48pm -
- Reversing the Verdict: 7 Reasons NOT to Go to Law School — from a Former Law Student
There are all kinds of reasons why going to law school is a good decision, and there are all kinds of reasons...
- 12 days ago, 7 Jun 13, 6:31pm -
- A hostile environment toward women at Harvard Law School?
... by the miners' canary metaphor — that the women in law school are the canary in the coal mines. So they're more vulnerable when the atmosphere...
- 73 days ago, 8 Apr 13, 7:00am -
- Katie Holmes Going Legally Blonde & Heading To Law School??
...that Katie Holmes is giving up acting and heading to law school like her Daddy?? Probably NOT, though, we can kinda see how someone would come to that conclusion...
- 25 Jan 13, 6:11am -
- Diamond: Law School Is Not a 'Scam'
...up on Tuesday's post, Stephen Diamond and the Law School Crisis : Stephen Diamond (Santa Clara), Law School... an application to law school: as simplistic as it may sound, imagine you...
- 11 Jan 13, 8:00am -
- Other Legal “Educators” Admit That There Are Too Many Damn Law Schools
... Refers to Law Schools as Diploma Mills: http://careerblog...Wu then went on to claim that law school is not a scam. However, the academic...
- 11 Jan 13, 8:00am -
- Are Law Schools in an Adversarial Relationship with their Students?
... employment data about their schools. 'One of the problems law schools are dealing with is that we don't think of ourselves as ...
- 8 Jan 13, 8:00am -
- Predictions about law school trends for 2013
... Lowdown blog of USNWR: Law schools and the legal industry are constantly...2013 should have significant leverage in the law school application process. First, they will likely...
- 2 Jan 13, 8:00am -
- Burk on "Law School Transparency"
...somebody who has been on the ball more often than not regarding law school marketing tactics. Here is the non-shallow LST analysis to which Mr. McEntee...
- 31 Dec 12, 12:34pm -
- Bloated Is Better for Law School Rankings
... article by Theodore Seto (Loyola Law School) entitled “ Where Do Partners...prospective applicant rushes to choose Loyola Law School over Vanderbilt as Professor Seto suggests...
- 15 Dec 12, 4:00pm -
- Why Are Law Schools Expensive
... a lot of concern of late in the law school world over falling numbers... the schools. Law schools are heavily dependent on their reputation...
- 13 Dec 12, 8:19pm -
- Risk Factors and IQ
Our favorite beta parent and mental gymnast is at it again. She’s showing off her beta logic s
- 8 days ago, 12 Jun 13, 3:54am -
- The Law School Decision: In-Process
Almost exactly a year ago I made a decision to begin the process of actually applying to law school
- 8 days ago, 12 Jun 13, 3:16am -
- Ever the Underdog
I am unabashedly honest and I don’t necessarily apologize for this so much as aim to understan
- 8 days ago, 12 Jun 13, 3:13am -
- Anchors Aweigh
- On OCI
You know you’re OCD over the OCI if your birthday is on the day that employers start making de
- 8 days ago, 11 Jun 13, 10:46pm -
- ONE MORE
- New Downtown San Jose Courthouse
- The Jobless Life
Hello humans. (I’m assuming.) I haven’t updated in such a long time! And I have no good
- 9 days ago, 10 Jun 13, 11:37pm -
- The continuation of "apply here" emails
Never have I signed up for updates from any law school (other than where I’m going) yet I stil
- 9 days ago, 10 Jun 13, 10:01pm -
- CALI conference June 13-15 in Chicago
If you’ll be in the Chicago area this week, consider attending the CALI conference. Info is a
- 9 days ago, 10 Jun 13, 7:13pm -
Top Law Schools in the news
- Law Schools Applications Dwindle, Admissions Offices Offer More Scholarships - Huffington Post
If you were were worried about getting into law school, now might be the time to apply. As top-tier law schools struggle to increase or maintain their rankings, priority students argue for scholarships while less-qualified students sneak in to ...
- 1 Aug 12, 2:40am -
- Courts mull whether illegal immigrants can be licensed to practice law - Reuters
SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - A law school graduate seeking to join the California bar despite his status as an illegal immigrant may soon become a test case for other young and undocumented professionals as the state's highest court weighs whether he ...
- 1 Aug 12, 1:57am -
- How to Play the Law School Waiting Game - US News and World Report
In this installment of Law Admissions Q&A, a monthly feature in Law Admissions Lowdown that provides expert admissions advice to readers who write in with their questions, I will focus on how to optimize your chances of admission off the law ...
- 30 Jul 12, 2:45pm -
- Harvard to help set up Qatar law school - ArabianBusiness.com
Harvard University, named the best university in the world for the past nine years running, is to help in the establishment of a graduate law school in Doha alongside the Qatar Foundation, it was announced. Qatar Foundation for Education ...
- 29 Jul 12, 7:58am -
- Concord Law School Celebrates 18th Graduation Dean of University of Tulsa College of Law Delivers Keynote Speech - CNBC
LOS ANGELES, Jul 28, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Concord Law School of Kaplan University, the nation's leading fully-online law school, celebrated its eighteenth graduation on Saturday, July 28, at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. The graduating ...
- 28 Jul 12, 9:43pm -
- Concord Law School Celebrates 18th Graduation - Marketwatch
LOS ANGELES, Jul 28, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Concord Law School of Kaplan University, the nation's leading fully-online law school, celebrated its eighteenth graduation on Saturday, July 28, at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
- 28 Jul 12, 8:03pm -
- Patriot-News corrects story about Penn State law school on front page - Poynter.org
On Thursday The Patriot-News in Harrisburg, Pa., ran a front-page correction: The Patriot-News incorrectly reported that the Penn State Dickinson School of Law is taking measures that would close the campus in Carlisle. School officials say they ...
- 27 Jul 12, 1:23pm -
- Stanford Law School picks Mary Elizabeth Magill to lead - San Jose Mercury News
STANFORD -- Stanford University Law School has turned to Virginia for its next leader: Mary Elizabeth Magill, vice dean of the University of Virginia's law school, where she has taught since 1997 and oversees the school's curriculum, student ...
- 25 Jul 12, 1:11pm -
- University of Illinois law school censured, fined $250,000 - Chicago Tribune
The University of Illinois' law school has been censured and fined $250,000 for intentionally publishing false admissions data to make the student body look more academically accomplished than it was. It is the first time the American Bar ...
- 25 Jul 12, 6:01am -
- newStanford Law School Center for Internet and Society Launches "Cookie Clearinghouse" to Enable User Choice for Online ...
STANFORD, Calif., June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Center for Internet and Society (CIS) at Stanford Law School launched a new online privacy initiative today called the "Cookie Clearinghouse," which will empower Internet users to make informed choices about online privacy. The Cookie Clearinghouse is being spearheaded by Aleecia M. McD…
- 13 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 5:45pm -
- newOn the Market: Brooklyn Law School is unloading...
Brooklyn Law School is unloading six of its off-campus student housing buildings in Brooklyn Heights. "The opportunity to own 110 units, of which 90 percent are vacant, in Brooklyn's most desirable neighborhood, does not come around often," said the...
- 14 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 4:42pm -
- newLiberty law school demands lawsuit coverage
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) — Liberty University's law school wants a judge to force its insurance company to pay for its defense in a lawsuit stemming from a same-sex-marriage custody battle.
- 16 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 2:07pm -
- newLaw school hopeful headed to Harvard
A Dalton woman who hopes to attend Harvard Law School is one of about 20 students selected to participate in a summer program at the school.
- 20 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 10:21am -
- newParents of murdered law school grad want to search farm for her remains
The parents of a murdered Mercer University law school graduate want investigators to search farmland in central Georgia in hopes of finding her remains.
- 2 days ago, 18 Jun 13, 5:29pm -
- Apply to Law School With a Low GPA
Welcome to the latest installment of Law Admissions Q-and-A, a monthly feature of Law Admissions Lowdown that provides admissions advice to readers who send in questions and admissions profiles.
- 3 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 2:54pm -
- Consider Law Schools With In-House Firms, Incubators
After Nicholas Edelson graduated from law school in 2003, it took him years to find his niche as an attorney working with subprime mortgages.
- 3 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 2:44pm -
- Two-Year Law School? Don’t Rush the Paper Chase.
When William Rainey Harper, president of the University of Chicago, proposed to add a law school to the new university in 1902, he entrusted the project to Ernst Freund, a political-science professor, former practicing lawyer and well-known expert on police power and the free-speech rights of dissidents.
- 3 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 9:30am -
- Will jobs be there for law school grads?
Peter Alexander is tired of explaining it. But the question keeps coming up: Why does Indiana need another law school.
- 4 days ago, 16 Jun 13, 7:17am -
- How to Discuss Diversity in Your Law School Applications
As prospective law students begin to prepare their applications this summer and fall, undoubtedly many will wonder how to best share their diverse backgrounds and experiences with the school admissions committees. Law school admissions directors seek a varied student body in which peers can learn from one another and contribute unique perspectives…
- 10 days ago, 10 Jun 13, 2:29pm -
- newNorth Carolina governor signs law aimed at restarting executions
By Colleen Jenkins WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (Reuters) - North Carolina's governor, hoping to resume executions in his state, on Wednesday signed the repeal of a law that has allowed death row inmates to seek a reduced sentence if they could prove racial bias affected their punishment. The Racial Justice Act, the only law of its kind in the Uni…
- 5 hours ago, 20 Jun 13, 1:20am -
- newAyden's law: 'Why I'm fighting to beat bullying'
Campaigner Shy Keenan tells Channel 4 News about her grief over her 14-year-old son's suicide - and her hopes that the law on bullying can be changed to save other young people.
- 15 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 3:56pm -
- newTony Blair's Muslim sister-in-law fears attacks
Tony Blair's Muslim convert sister-in-law Lauren Booth said today she is scared of being attacked following the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby.
- 15 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 3:30pm -
- newMason Law roars to sixth in first trip to Knockhill
MASON Law secured his best result of the season so far at a circuit he has never raced on before.
- 15 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 3:14pm -
- newTony Blair's Muslim convert sister-in-law Lauren Booth speaks of her fear in wake of Lee Rigby killing
Miss Booth, who converted to Islam two years ago, said that she has felt 'scared' at times when getting on public transport in the wake of the killing of Lee Rigby.
- 17 hours ago, 19 Jun 13, 1:08pm -
- newGender is on the agenda for Durham University students in law review
LAW students asked to determine if a judge’s gender affected their rulings were unable to establish a discernible difference.
- 2 days ago, 18 Jun 13, 7:51am -
- Justices invalidate Arizona voter registration law
By Lawrence Hurley WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday struck down an Arizona law that required people registering to vote in federal elections to show proof of citizenship, a victory for activists who said it had discouraged Native Americans and Latinos from voting. In a 7-2 vote, the court, in an opinion written by conservativ…
- 2 days ago, 17 Jun 13, 8:25pm -
- CUNY Law Community Economic Development Clinic Partners with Mondragon Corporation on Union Coops
Under the new partnership, the CED Clinic, in collaboration with Pennsylvania-based Regional Housing Legal Services, will help launch the Pittsburgh Clean & Green Laundry, an eco-friendly laundry based on Mondragon’s cooperative model.
- 4 days ago, 16 Jun 13, 5:18pm -
- Family fun day to buy successful school new play equipment
A FAMILY fun day will be held on Saturday (June 15) to raise funds for a new outdoor play area in celebration of a school’s recent Ofsted success.
- 9 days ago, 11 Jun 13, 2:43pm -
- Mother pushes for change in law after school-place victory
A MOTHER has won her fight to secure two of her children places at the same primary school – but now wants to change the law to protect other families.
- 19 days ago, 1 Jun 13, 2:39am -
|Best Law Schools Ranking, 2012 |
|Rank ||School ||State ||Total Enrollment ||Tuition & Fees |
|1 ||Yale University ||CT ||629 ||Full-time: |
$50,750 per year
|2 ||Harvard University ||MA ||1733 ||Full-time: |
$45,450 per year
|3 ||Stanford University ||CA ||571 ||Full-time: |
$46,581 per year
|4 ||Columbia University ||NY ||1344 ||Full-time: |
$50,428 per year
|5 ||University of Chicago ||IL ||634 ||Full-time: |
$45,405 per year
|6 ||New York University ||NY ||1431 ||Full-time: |
$46,840 per year
|7 ||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor ||MI ||1134 ||In-state, full-time: $44,840 per year; |
Out-of-state, full-time: $47,840 per year
|7 ||University of Pennsylvania ||PA ||803 ||Full-time: |
$48,362 per year
|9 ||University of California-Berkeley ||CA ||916 ||In-state, full-time: $44,244 per year; |
Out-of-state, full-time: $52,245 per year
|9 ||University of Virginia ||VA ||1106 ||In-state, full-time: $42,500 per year; |
Out-of-state, full-time: $47,500 per year
|11 ||Duke University ||NC ||681 ||Full-time: |
$47,722 per year
|12 ||Northwestern University ||IL ||817 ||Full-time: |
$49,714 per year
|13 ||Cornell University ||NY ||615 ||Full-time: |
$51,150 per year
|14 ||Georgetown University ||DC ||1960 ||Full-time: |
$45,105 per year
|14 ||University of Texas-Austin ||TX ||1154 ||In-state, full-time: $28,669 per year; |
Out-of-state, full-time: $44,638 per year