The Best Law Firms News
Everything about Law Firms and offices in the news around the USA, Canada, UK, Australia. and also law firms in the news in big cities such as LA, New York, San Francisco, London, Toronto, Las Vegas, Chicago and much more. How to hire a law or lawyer firm? Where and when to find the top lawyers? how to check if a law firm handle injury cases or criminal case? you can find all here updated a few times a day. Last Updated on: May 23rd, 2013>
Top Law Firms in the news
Dewey's Bankruptcy Lawyer: More Large Law Firms Will Fail
- 2 hours ago, 23 May 13, 3:05pm -
Understanding the Nuances of Study Design - Madelon Finkel, PhD
- 19 hours ago, 22 May 13, 9:39pm -
Supreme Court Bar Lacks Diversity
- 3 days ago, 20 May 13, 3:55pm -
Edward Zammit Louis jindirizza l-laqgħa ġenerali tal-Law Firms Network
- 6 days ago, 17 May 13, 8:03pm -
Are Political Intelligence Practice Groups Too Risky?
- 6 days ago, 17 May 13, 3:51pm -
Client Biz Dev: You're Doing It Wrong
- 7 days ago, 16 May 13, 4:11pm -
- Facebook: Should Law Firms Bother? - business2community.com
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is a law practice with 23 offices, approximately 1,800 attorneys and more than 40 areas of practice. The Facebook Business Page the company created a mere two months ago has already attracted 874 ‘likes’ (and ...- 1 Aug 12, 12:34pm -
- Libor, the New Asbestos - Businessweek
These are parched times for law firms. Clients just aren’t willing to pay what they used to for associates’ billable souls. How fortuitous then that a multitrillion-dollar financial scandal promises to throw the lawsuit industry beaucoup ...- 1 Aug 12, 10:04am -
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Now Offers Its Services to Power Plant or Oil Refinery Workers Living … - YAHOO!
or best mesothelioma law firms in the United States. If a victim, or their family is concerned about mesothelioma compensation, as they should be, the attorneys we suggest typically get the absolute best results." While the Mesothelioma Victims Center may ...- 1 Aug 12, 3:30am -
- Mo. Bar board member changes law firms - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Mark H. Levison, who has been embroiled in an ongoing feud with fellow mouthpiece Terry Crouppen, has changed law firms. Levison now files his billable hours from Lashly & Baer, a downtown STL firm he joined earlier this month. He had been filing his ...- 30 Jul 12, 4:25pm -
- Wall Esleeck Babcock and The International Society of Primerus Law Firms Present Catalyst: A European Business Forum - YAHOO!
Wall Esleeck Babcock LLP and The International Society of Primerus Law Firms will present a day long forum entitled Catalyst: A European Business Forum on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., followed by a cocktail reception for all guests.- 30 Jul 12, 7:00am -
- Law firms merge to create one of largest in Sandwell - Birmingham Post.net
Two West Midlands law firms have merged to become one of the largest legal firms in Sandwell. Clark Brookes and Turner Cary have also joined the national QualitySolicitors Group to become QualitySolicitors Clark Brookes Turner Cary. The major ...- 30 Jul 12, 5:27am -
- For law firms, ‘it’s a very different world out there’ - Washington Post
“Bigger is better,” the growth strategy that once had large law firms racing to open up offices around the world and snapping up entire practice groups of rival firms, appears to be a thing of the past. Eight of the District’s 10 largest law firms ...- 29 Jul 12, 10:46pm -
- Law firms target Zynga for alleged insider trading - CNET News
Multiple law firms plan to investigate Zynga CEO Mark Pincus and other people who work at Zynga on insider-trading claims, gamer blog Kotaku noted today. The maker of Farmville reported disappointing earnings on Wednesday, which caused its stock to plummet.- 27 Jul 12, 8:18pm -
- Western Law Firms Get Approval for South Korea Offices - Wall Street Journal
Foreign law firms have finally landed in South Korea. While lawyers have eyed the market for years, free-trade agreements signed last year, first between South Korea and the European Union and then with the U.S., have paved the way for Western ...- 18 Jul 12, 12:55am -
- Lawyers and law firms remain among top contributors to Romney, Obama - Washington Post
Lawyers and law firms are one of the top donors by industry for both candidates, raking in nearly $5.2 million for Romney’s campaign and $12.4 million for Obama’s campaign as of June 21, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.- 12 Jul 12, 8:22pm -
- newAdvocate Capital, Inc. is Now Providing QuickBooks® Support for Law Firms
NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Advocate Capital, Inc. has expanded the service that it provides to its customers by launching a QuickBooks ® support program for its law firm clients throughout ...- 22 hours ago, 22 May 13, 7:37pm -
- newSixteen Canadian Law Firms Join Forces to Support the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network
TORONTO , May 22, 2013 /CNW/ - On May 22, 2013 , 16 of Canada's most well-known and respected law firms signed the Statement of Principles of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN). In signing ...- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 3:00pm -
- newUnitedLex Sponsored Conference Addresses Cyber Risk: Law Firms Under Pressure to Improve Protection of Client Data
Law firms—especially those representing major corporate clients—maintain a virtual treasure trove of sensitive client information. As a result, law firms and their attorneys are increasingly being targeted by cybercriminals seeking an alternative way to access and steal a client’s intellectual property, M&A due diligence and other valuable bu…- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 12:30pm -
- newEstate planning law firms announce merger
ELLSWORTH — The law firms of Jeffrey Jones, Roberta Kuriloff and Rebecca Sargent are merging their firms, effective July 1.- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 6:07am -
- newInternational Law Firms Unite to Fight Fraud
Twenty-two law firms will form a worldwide alliance to collaborate on financial litigation against questionable funds and other financial products sold across borders.- 2 days ago, 21 May 13, 8:16pm -
- Law firms a bad investment
Echoing the sentiments of many national attorneys, several Long Island attorneys have raised ethical objections to nonlawyers owning law firms.- 3 days ago, 20 May 13, 10:37am -
- Biggest law firms hire more solicitors
Mixed picture for remainder of top 20 firms with most showing small shifts in staffing- 4 days ago, 20 May 13, 12:13am -
- The Law Firms of Saxena White P.A. and Faruqi & Faruqi LLP Announce Proposed Settlement Reached In Class Action ...
The following is being released by the law firms of Saxena White P.A. and Faruqi & Faruqi LLP.- 6 days ago, 17 May 13, 7:04pm -
- Greenberg Traurig LLP Named One of America’s Best Corporate Law Firms
The international law firm Greenberg Traurig LLP has been named one of America’s Best Corporate Law Firms by Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, and global business advisory firm FTI Consulting, Inc.- 9 days ago, 14 May 13, 5:20pm -
- America’s Top Corporate Law Firms for 2013
Corporate Board Member magazine and global business advisory firm FTI Consulting, Inc. today announced the results of the 13th annual America’s Best Corporate Law Firms study, a comprehensive ranking by U.S.- 9 days ago, 14 May 13, 12:45pm -
- newQueen's Speech reveals national insurance reforms for LLPs
Law firms which have converted to LLP status could find themselves saddled with a much larger national insurance bill under measures announced in today’s Queen’s Speech.- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 12:01pm -
- Cantillon: Big hitters just keep on winning in legal sector
Given that most of Ireland’s big law firms so assiduously guard even their most basic financial information, outsiders will gratefully seize on any means of gauging how they’re faring.- 3 days ago, 21 May 13, 12:15am -
- Today in the press
Some of Ireland's biggest law firms grew significantly last year, with one increasing its solicitor numbers by more than 15%.- 3 days ago, 20 May 13, 8:10am -
- Biggest law firms hire more solicitors
Mixed picture for remainder of top 20 firms with most showing small shifts in staffing - 4 days ago, 20 May 13, 12:38am -
- North-west paralegal initiative
A group of law firms has come together to create a paralegal apprenticeship, as financial pressures on the sector start to take effect. Nine firms based in the north-west have formed the Legal Sector Employer Skills Group to take on 100 paralegals, who start their apprenticeships in September. Emma Holt (pictured), managing partner for Pannone and…- 4 days ago, 19 May 13, 11:43pm -
- Five law firms make £35MILLION by suing the NHS
EXCLUSIVE: ALL used ‘no win, no fee’ system as it emerges health service paid out a record £1.2bn in compo in 2011-2012- 5 days ago, 19 May 13, 3:30am -
- Desperate PI firms breaking referral fee ban – AXA chief
Personal injury law firms are continuing to pay referral fees for cases weeks after the ban came into force, a leading insurer has alleged. David Fisher, claims technical manager for the UK’s fifth largest motor insurer AXA, told a parliamentary event that existing legislation is not enough to prevent non-compliance with the ban. read more- 8 days ago, 15 May 13, 11:58am -
- Guidance for law firms collecting diversity data
The Law Society has published a guidance note to help firms collect and publish diversity data about their workforces. This year is the first that firms have been required to make their own arrangements. Last year the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) sent out an online questionnaire and collated the responses itself. read more- 13 days ago, 10 May 13, 12:28pm -
- Private equity spurns law firm advances
Law firms will continue to be unattractive to private equity investors until they improve how they present their financial situation and partners invest their own cash, leading investors said yesterday. John Llewellyn-Lloyd, head of professional services at investment bank Espirito Santo, said external investment was the best way to ensure the futu…- 21 days ago, 2 May 13, 12:22pm -
- Law firms question FCA execution-only disclaimer view
Pinsent Masons says explicit disclaimers are acceptable to prevent non-advised services being caught by advice rules. - 22 days ago, 1 May 13, 1:44pm -
Best Law Firms blogs
- newWhy Big Law needs to hire odd ducks - Fortune Management
They just haven't had much of a role at law firms up until now. But it's not enough for young lawyers to be smart, ambitious team players. Woldow advises looking for people with more life experience over candidates who went ...
- 2 hours ago, 23 May 13, 2:53pm -
- newAfter class cert denied, top <b>law firms</b> collaborate to bring pro bono <b>...</b>
Acting pro bono, several of the country's most prestigious law firms have brought multiple human trafficking lawsuits against Signal International, LLC and.
- 5 hours ago, 23 May 13, 11:39am -
- newThe Small Future of Large <b>Law Firms</b> Plus 75 More Must-Reads
BigLaw also ensures that you won't miss anything published elsewhere by linking to insightful articles (and podcasts and videos) about large and midsize law firms, as well as notable press releases issued by the world's ...
- 22 hours ago, 22 May 13, 7:14pm -
- newLawyers & <b>Law Firms</b>, Are You Paying Attention To Your Brand <b>...</b>
Whether you want it to or not, every action and word communicates your brand. It's time to take control of that brand so others don't do it for you.
- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 2:59pm -
- new'The tide may flood <b>law firms</b>, but I remain unconvinced that it will <b>...</b>
occupytheinns The profession which I am to join in September as a pupil barrister is facing its biggest threat yet. No question about that. That is why today's protest outside parliament is so necessary. I am only sorry that I ...
- 1 day ago, 22 May 13, 8:22am -
- newClio Offers Relief to <b>Law Firms</b> Impacted by Tornadoes in Oklahoma <b>...</b>
Clio makes practice management easy with a suite of web-based tools targeted at small- to mid-sized law firms. Clio is a legal Saas (Software as a Service) solution that helps attorneys manage tasks, billings, accounts, ...
- 2 days ago, 21 May 13, 7:43pm -
- newThinking of switching <b>law firms</b>? Be sure you take these steps <b>...</b>
More lawyers are at risk for bad career jumps as lateral movement is expected to continue its upward trend, two BigLaw partners say. Activity among Am Law 200 firms reached a 3-year high in 2012, according to the American ...
- 2 days ago, 21 May 13, 6:35pm -
- Sending female intern's horror-film clip to local <b>law firms</b> gets ex <b>...</b>
A former partner of a well-known Indiana law firm has been suspended from practice for three years for persuading his paralegal to impersonate that firm's managing partner and send an email attaching a horror-film clip in ...
- 3 days ago, 20 May 13, 4:49pm -
- Higher marks for big Chicago <b>law firms</b> - Crain's Chicago Business
With one exception, Chicago's biggest law firms climbed in performance ratings by corporate directors and general counsels. The biggest mover was Baker & McKenzie LLP, jumping to fourth place last year from 11th in 2011 ...
- 9 days ago, 14 May 13, 4:00pm -
- Law firm for Edison, Wright brothers, and Alexander Graham Bell now suing Facebook over like buttons
A 400-attorney law firm with roots serving inventors like Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas...
- 11 Feb 13, 5:02pm -
- Office Worker Accused Of Stealing $376,000 Worth Of Toner From Law Firm
...Shutterstock) A guy who worked in the "duplicating department" at the law firm of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson has been charged...
- 16 Jan 13, 8:44pm -
- Fake Canadian Law Firm Scam
From Slaw comes word of a scam using a fake Toronto law firm, “ Hubbel and Steven LLP ,” with a "fairly convincing" website -- other than the...
- 10 Jan 13, 9:32pm -
- WSJ: Law Firm Partners Face Layoffs in 2013
Wall Street Journal: Law-Firm Partners Face Layoffs : It ... asked to leave a large national law firm. He was let go from his subsequent firm last...
- 9 Jan 13, 8:00am -
- Law firm may put the brakes on Avis-Zipcar deal for undervaluing stock
...some eyes this morning. But this could have trouble going through, with a law firm announcing it is investigating whether Zipcar didn’t get...
- 2 Jan 13, 4:30pm -
- Eagles, Tigers and More: Law Firm Trade Names About To Be Permitted in Arizona
...she considered the state of law firm trade names . Through December 31... and allow private law firms to use trade names. Arizona’s...
- 20 Dec 12, 8:00am -
- Zhong Lun Law Firm and the FCPA
...subject to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (( 15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1 ). Zhong Lun Law Firm’s lawyers are on record as violating provisions...
- 19 Dec 12, 4:00pm -
- "Jones Day v Vizio" - Top law firm sues client for not paying June - November 2012 bill
...of reasons. At the top of the list is the collection problem some large law firms have been having. If they can't shake loose more funds from slow...
- 15 Dec 12, 4:00pm -
- 2013 advice for law firms to ensure a bright future
... as advice for global law firms. But most of it applies to... between international law firms and corporate clients ...
- 15 Dec 12, 4:00pm -
- Top law firm leaders say market is flat, competition is ferocious and innovation is necessary for survival
...new markets themselves. This means that being an "innovative" law firm is no longer just a marketing slogan but instead one's very survival...
- 3 Dec 12, 8:00am -
- The Chamber of Law
WHERE: New Delhi ABOUT: The Chamber of Law is a Delhi NCR based full service Indian Law Firm providi
- 30 days ago, 24 Apr 13, 1:29am -
- New Zealanders still crave slice of suburbia
Shared by the lawyers at Auckland Law firm Quay Law. Source: herald.co.nz. April 2013 The “sub
- 30 days ago, 23 Apr 13, 7:10pm -
- Who's Elgible For Jones Act Compensation
Ocean oil rig tasks are like any additional career – start at the bottom and work your way up.
- 30 days ago, 23 Apr 13, 7:24am -
- Internship at Solomon & Co.
ABOUT : Solomon & Co. is an independent Indian law-firm that was founded in 1909 is amongst the
- 31 days ago, 22 Apr 13, 6:42pm -
- Internship at Singhania & Co.
ABOUT : Singhania & Co. offers services in the areas of communications and media law. Our Attorn
- 31 days ago, 22 Apr 13, 6:36pm -
- Forensic Accounting
- Indus Law
ABOUT THE FIRM: Indus Law has a multi-specialty law firm that advises foreign and domestic clients w
- 32 days ago, 22 Apr 13, 1:46am -
- Naik Naik & Company
ABOUT THE FIRM: Naik Naik & Company started its practice in 2004 with Media and Entertainment La
- 32 days ago, 22 Apr 13, 1:44am -
- PODDAR & ASSOCIATES
PODDAR & ASSOCIATES CORPORATE ADVOCATES & LAW CONSULTANTS 101, COMMERCE TOWER, (OPP. CHURCH
- 32 days ago, 21 Apr 13, 6:43pm -