- D.C. DUI Fines More Than Triple - NBCNews.com
D.C. is looking to crack down even more on drunk drivers, implementing new, stricter penalties. Starting today, the maximum fine for a first offense goes up from $300 to $1000. The maximum jail time on a first offense is now six months, up from just 90 days.
- 1 Aug 12, 12:13pm -
- New Jersey DUI Attorneys Report Proposed DUI Ignition Interlock Device Laws - jdsupra.com
New Jersey lawmakers are considering harsher penalties to prevent drivers from driving while under the influence of alcohol. New Jersey DUI attorneys report that, under the current New Jersey law, only repeat DUI offenders or those who are found to have a ...
- 1 Aug 12, 10:47am -
- Drunk Driving, Over the Limit, Under Arrest campaign results in Michigan 2012 - Examiner
The "Drunk Driving, Over The Limit, Under Arrest" campaign enforced ... 17, or higher is intended to subject the defendant to enhanced penalties if convicted. Another name for the penalty enhancement is called the Super Drunk law. "Talking urinal ...
- 1 Aug 12, 1:28am -
- Harsher penalties for DUI in D.C. now in effect - Washington Times
Motorists caught driving drunk in the District will face stiffer penalties starting Wednesday, including longer stays in jail for those with higher blood-alcohol levels and repeat offenders. Those with a history of driving under the influence ...
- 1 Aug 12, 12:17am -
- Virginia Criminal Lawyers Thomas Soldan & Nicole Naum on DUI laws In Virginia After Verdict In Brandon Meriweather Case - YAHOO!
A year in jail is the maximum penalty. It's a very real possibility to think that a jail sentence could be imposed for a DUI.” How this will affect Meriweather’s position with the Washington Redskins remains to be seen. They don’t have much depth at ...
- 30 Jul 12, 3:18am -
- Revised DUI laws take effect Wednesday - Longview Daily News
... higher fines and mandatory blood draws for felony DUI-related crimes. The new law also adds additional chemicals and "huffing" inhalants to the list of intoxicating substances subject to penalties. "If people are looking at the costs associated with ...
- 29 Jul 12, 11:58pm -
- New DUI laws to take effect Wednesday in D.C. - Washington Examiner
"In terms of combatting DUI, this is a good first step," said Kurt Erickson, president of the Washington Regional Alcohol Program. He added that he thinks the law should also increase penalties for offenders who blow a .15 BAC or higher. DUI laws ...
- 28 Jul 12, 11:59pm -
- Drunk Driving Laws and Penalties in New York - PR-USA.net
New York state takes drunk driving very seriously. The penalties for a DWI conviction can be severe, regardless of whether driver is under or over age 21, a first-time offender or a commercial driver. Different Penalties Depending on BAC When a driver's ...
- 28 Jul 12, 8:07am -
- Lawmakers propose harsher drunk driving penalties - WEAU-TV 13
EAU CLAIRE, Wisc. (WEAU) - A new bill being pushed by legislators could make drunk driving sentences more harsh. Ashley Hanson of Eau Claire said her five-year-old sister was killed by a drunk driver. "An alcholic was drunk and driving and ...
- 24 Jul 12, 11:21pm -
- New DWI Laws Strip Rights, Endanger Lives, Charlotte DUI Lawyer Says - PRWeb
Tennessee legislature has passed changes to drunk driving laws, making penalties much heavier and giving law enforcement a new tool to gather evidence. Attorney Bill Powers comments on his experience with a similar law in North Carolina. Compelled blood ...
- 18 Jul 12, 10:45pm -