- newTeacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
A high school teacher was arrested and charged with driving under the influence while on her way to school on a Monday morning. Nancy Vaughn, a 57-year-old reading teacher at a high school in Estero, Fla., was pulled over shortly before 7 a.m. after the Lee County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a car driving erratically near the school, sw…
- 9 mins ago, 16 Apr 14, 4:02pm -
- newLake Wales Woman Faces DUI Manslaughter Charge
Deputies arrested a 22-year-old Lake Wales woman Monday on charges stemming from a Nov. 9 crash that killed 19-year-old Shanderia Allen, sheriff's officials said.
- 9 hours ago, 16 Apr 14, 7:00am -
- newBad teachers: Collier, Lee educators arrested for DUI
As Estero High School students were settling in for first period Monday, reading teacher Nancy Vaughn was taking a seat in the back of a deputy's car.
- 17 hours ago, 15 Apr 14, 10:43pm -
- newEstero High teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to work
Nancy Vaughn, listed as a reading teacher on the school’s website, had blood alcohol content readings of 0.26 and 0.27, more than three times the legal limit, at 9:11 a.m., about two hours after deputies pulled her over in Estero.
- 23 hours ago, 15 Apr 14, 5:16pm -
- newLake Forest to consider new $500 DUI tow fee
Lake Forest is considering charging people arrested with driving under the influence on city roads a new $500 administrative fee to tow their vehicle. If approved, the fee would apply to people arrested for DUI and those who found driving with a suspended or revoked license as a result of a prior DUI. Other Lake County communities, including Highla…
- 24 hours ago, 15 Apr 14, 4:12pm -
- newSuburban High School Basketball Coach Arrested For DUI
John Maniatis, 46, of the 400 block of Pleasant Hill Road in Frankfort, was arrested about 12:45 am. April 4 for misdemeanor DUI, according to Frankfort police. He was also cited for improper lane usage and making an improper turn at an intersection.
- 2 days ago, 14 Apr 14, 6:30pm -
- newHillcrest HS basketball coach, teacher John Maniatis arrested for DUI
The head coach for the girls' basketball team at Hillcrest High School in south suburban Country Club Hills was arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge earlier this month, according to police and school officials.
- 2 days ago, 14 Apr 14, 5:40pm -
- DUI manslaughter arrest in Clearwater motorcyclist’s death
A Clearwater woman faces a DUI manslaughter charge after her car was involved in the crash Sunday night that left a motorcyclist dead, police said.
- 3 days ago, 14 Apr 14, 3:10am -
- Wellington man arrested on DUI charge for crash that injured Boynton Beach cop
By Scott T. Smith / CBS12 News WELLINGTON, Fla. -- A Wellington man was arrested Friday on charges of driving drunk and crashing into an off-duty Boynton Beach police officer's SUV. Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says Jakub Gryczan, 32, of 4702 S. ...
- 5 days ago, 11 Apr 14, 8:05pm -
- DUI Lawyer or Public Defender? Pros and Cons
When you're facing a DUI charge , you won't feel like you have many options. But in most places, you have at least two: a private attorney or a public defender.
- 8 days ago, 8 Apr 14, 9:03pm -