- Drug kingpin John Higgs expected to face heavy sentence for Australia's largest ecstasy haul - Adelaidenow
Mr Papas submitted that Justice King not hand down a crushing sentence. The prosecution suggested the crime warranted a heavy jail term for a man unable to retire from a criminal career. Higgs will be sentenced on a date to be fixed.
- 1 Aug 12, 7:55am -
- Rule of law in China the silent victim at Bo Xilai wife's trial - Reuters
BEIJING (Reuters) - Gu Kailai, the wife of deposed Chinese leader Bo Xilai and a career lawyer, faces possible execution ... tried and shot to death," Gu wrote of Chinese criminal justice in her 1998 book. Chinese law, she explained, did ...
- 1 Aug 12, 7:12am -
- McAuliffe defeats Long for Justice of Peace race, but sad his police career ending - Abilene Reporter-News
"I'm happy but there's a sadness to it because it also means my career as a police officer is coming to ... McAuliffe defeated criminal justice professor and neighborhood volunteer Lydia Long with 60 percent of the votes cast.
- 1 Aug 12, 3:01am -
- For Once-Criticized Judge, Tribute at a Harlem Corner - New York Times
Nonetheless, a predominant chapter in Justice Wright’s judicial career was marked by turbulence and criticism ... In college speeches, he said the criminal justice system, by routinely acquitting officers in excessive-force cases, had given ...
- 1 Aug 12, 2:54am -
- Justice V. Khalid: An immaculate judicial career - twocircles.net
Ram Jethmelani, one of the most demanded and most expensive criminal lawyers India has ever seen ... There were situations in the judicial career of Justice Khalid where he would worry about the pathetic state of the community, particularly ...
- 29 Jul 12, 2:54pm -
- Criminal justice students complete internships - Sentinel & Enterprise
GARDNER -- Law enforcement officials from throughout the region provided internship opportunities for a number of Mount Wachusett Community College Criminal ... Justice majors during the spring semester. To thank them for providing real-life ...
- 29 Jul 12, 10:50am -
- Sarah Beth Bolin determined to transform Texas criminal justice system - Examiner
took a brief vacation to exotic Brazil between finishing her master's degree and re-launching her career of improving the world for the less fortunate, including some who have found themselves a part of the Texas criminal justice system. But she didn't ...
- 29 Jul 12, 12:56am -
- Miami-Dade state attorney candidate would be first black top prosecutor - Miami Herald
Early in his legal career, Rod Vereen became the first African-American ... he insists his goal is to fix the criminal justice system for everybody. “It would mean nothing if I wasn’t a successful Miami-Dade state attorney,” Vereen said ...
- 26 Jul 12, 11:54pm -
- SGTC alumnus continues to follow his dream - Americus Times-Recorder
AMERICUS — South Georgia Technical College (SGTC) Law Enforcement Academy graduate Lonnie Mercer III had a dream to pursue a career in the criminal justice field and he is showing others what a dream and a little hard work can accomplish. Mercer ...
- 26 Jul 12, 1:38pm -
- CriminalJusticeDegreeJobs.com Carries Solid Information with Regards to the Criminal Justice Field - Emailwire
Those looking to pursue a career in criminal justice would be well served by visiting Criminal Justice Degree Jobs, an authority website in the field that includes education requirements, job search and salaries. (EMAILWIRE.COM, July 19, 2012 ) La Prairie ...
- 19 Jul 12, 1:54pm -